The Past Year

Saturday, October 31, 2015

I wrote this and never posted it. oops. 
He's now 13 months but whatever. 

My baby boy turned one on Saturday.

See. . .


Here's a little story for you. About the journey of the past year.

Looking back, I really don't know how I was so naive.

I blame the jump from 1 kid to 2, mostly.
All I heard during my second pregnancy was how hard life was going to be after the baby came.
How difficult two children were. How I would never have time to myself again.
How emotionally exhausting having two kids was.

And then the baby came. And I must admit. Life was a dream.
I loved having two kids.
The dynamic of our family was so much more lively with two.
The girls played well together and they entertained each other well. I felt much less emotionally exhausted with two kids than I did with one.
I loved every second of it.

And since everyone warned about how difficult two kids would be, I figured the warnings about three kids didn't apply to me either. I was just a different kind of mom. You know, the ones that can have a billion kids and love every second of it. 

So, when my second was just 15 months, I had my IUD pulled and got pregnant right away.
Yes, they are one day shy of being exactly two years apart.

And let me tell you. What they warn about three kids, its all right on!

Three kids rocked my world. And I did not expect that at all. 

I've felt frustration and annoyance and depression and depletion. 

I've never felt those things. 

But slowly, through lots and lots of humble prayers, we've made it through this year. 

...and do I dare say "thriving" as a family of five? 

Happy One Year little guy. We love you more than you will ever know...and now we're coming to kiss those cheeks! 


No comments

Post a Comment

The Simple Days. All rights reserved. © Maira Gall.